Hiring - Warehouse Assistant
iGift® is a popular online gift retailer delivering gift hampers across Australia.
We are in need of a motivated and experienced Warehouse Assistant, with an eye for detail, to join our team. You must be reliable with experience. This is a casual position which could turn full time for the right person. Our head office is located in Regents Park, NSW and is walking distance from the train station.
This position is responsible for preparing and completing orders for pickup and delivery in a timely and efficient manner, assisting in the receiving, processing and record keeping of stock products and performing stock controls and counts.
Monday - Friday, 6 - 8 hrs per day - 30-38 hrs per week. Daily Start time is 7.00am-8.00am depending on the day. Daily hours may increase as we head towards Christmas. Particularly during November & December. Some weekend work may be offered at that time.
The position commences early ASAP and could potentially become a permanent role.
Pay: $27-$29 per hour + super
Skills & Requirements
Your roles & responsibilities:
- Assist in the smooth flow of operations in the warehouse
- Process, pack and dispatch orders on a daily basis
- Process greeting cards/messages, labels and delivery freight labels
- Packing of food products
- Quality control checks
- Assist in maintaining product logs
- Assist in inbound / outbound inventory
- Assist in stocktake and inventory management
- Load and unload trucks/shipping containers and other deliveries
- Maintaining organisation/tidiness of Warehouse and adhering to WH&S Standards
- Assist in overseeing casual staff
- Warehouse/Kitchen cleaning
- Other duties from time to time
Hamper or Floristry experience or similar highly regarded but not essential.
Skills & experience:
- Min 1 year experience in a warehouse environment
- Have an Intermediate skill level in Excel and MS Office in conjunction with good computer literacy
- Customer focused
- Ability to stand at one work-station for extended periods of time
- Be ready to work under pressure in peak periods throughout the year
- Be physically fit as heavy lifting is included
- Create Gifts for same day & next day orders, inflation of helium balloons, preparation for Christmas orders.
- Stock Control - unpack and store away incoming stock.
- Tidy/Cleaning, keep work benches clean & tidy, empty bins, replace bin liners, sweep floors, mop, empty cartons flattened and put for recycle.
- Other tasks may include taking telephone orders and other general day to day tasks as directed.
- Preparing orders and helping with corporate Xmas orders.
- Please note, due to the high number of applications we will only contact applicants required for interview.
APPLICATIONS MUST FILL IN THE FORM BELOW TELLING US WHY YOU WOULD LOVE TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS ROLE AND ANY RELEVANT EXPERIENCE DETAILED
APPLICATIONS CLOSE 22nd October 2021
Please only apply for this position if you have full availability during November & December.
Do not call or email us in relation to the job. Our phone lines and email will not be responding to any queries in relation to the jobs on offer. Due to high volumes of queries it is not possible for us to discuss the job via email or telephone.
Please answer the following questions below in the comments section.
We will forward an applications to the people we would like to discuss the role with further.
- Do you have the right to work in Australia?
- Do you speak fluent English?
- How much notice are you required to give your current employer?
- Do you have a current Australian driver's licence?
- We require staff to be vaccinated. We are a covid safe work place.
- Are you prepared to undergo a police check?
- Tell us why you think you would be a good candidate for this role.
- What previous experience do you have for this role?